|| NEWS ITEMS
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday 30 April 2019- 8pm
Claremont Free Church Hall, behind Carey Hall,
Claremont Road, NW2
(between Pennine Drive and The Vale)
NEWSLETTER January 2019
NEWSLETTER November 2018
NEWSLETTER September 2018
- 20 Sept 2014 Water inspection
We recently had an inspection by Thames Water/ the Environment Agency. One of the key issues that arose is that by law every hose on our allotments must have a trigger device at the spray end of the hose. We have a stock of suitable triggers at the trading hut so please get one as soon as possible if you need one. There is the possibility of a £100 fine if you are caught not using one. We are also expecting a follow up inspection in two weeks' time so we have little time to comply.
If we don't comply, there is the possibility that they will try to prevent us from using hoses at all.
Could you also tell any neighbours on the allotments who might not have access to the internet.
- Annual allotment BBQ 13/7/2014
- End 2014: Self management achieved!
- Bonfire. We are having a communal bonfire on Sunday 11 November 2012 on plot 55 at 3pm. See notice here.
- We had an email from Susan Berry back in April about a book she is writing about the site. See here for full text. She would be interested in interviewing plotholders. If you are interested, you can contact Susan at plot 87 or via email:email@example.com
- Sunday 15 July 2012
A very successful BBQ was held at the site. NO RAIN! Some photos can be seen in the picture gallery
- 22 April 2012 Growing melons behind Tesco. A letter from Jeremy Balcolme, a new plotholder
- 2 April 2012 LB Barnet have sent out a letter (see here) announcing a doubling of rents for residents of barnet (quadrupling for residents of neighbouring boroughs) and withdrawing the 50% concessionary discount for the over 60's, the total representing an increase of 800% for many plotholders.